We are here with the recipe for prunes in syrup. You won't get enough of this recipe, which you can prepare with 3-4 kg of plums. We have explained how to do it step by step.
- 3-4 kg of plums
- 2 cups sugar
- 5 glasses of water
- Juice of half a lemon
Plum in syrup recipe
- Mix water and sugar in a bowl and cook for 5 minutes, adding lemon juice at the end. If you want to get a thicker syrup, mix 2 cups of sugar with 4 cups of water and boil.
- Sterilize the jars and lids in boiling water for 5 minutes. Do not use cracked, rusty or deformed materials.
- Wash the plums clean. Make small holes in it with a sterile fork. Arrange the plums in the sterilized jars by squeezing them.
- Pour the hot syrup into the glass, covering the fruit by 1 cm. At the end of the process, there should be 2 cm of space left on the glass.
- Check if there are still any air bubbles. If necessary, remove these with a sterile knife.
- Clean the opening of the jar with a paper napkin. Close dry and clean lids tightly and carry out the sterilization process.
Sterilization: Place the jars in the water that you have brought to the boil in a wide and deep bowl. You can wrap them with a clean cloth to prevent them from bumping into each other. The glasses should be covered with water. Cook and sterilize for 20 minutes. Carefully remove the jars and place them upside down on a lid at regular intervals. Check the lids again the next day. Date and store in a dry and cool place.
Ginger, lemon and plum jam recipe