You can also serve crisp tomatoes with a green salad.
Preparation time: 30 minutes
- 6 ripe medium tomatoes
- some sugar
- 6 tablespoons fresh breadcrumbs
- 1 clove of garlic, peeled and finely chopped
- Zest of 1 lemon, grated
- 1 tablespoon fresh chopped parsley leaves or fresh chopped basil
- 2 tablespoons virgin olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 200°C. Halve the tomatoes and place them on the tray, cut side up. Season with salt, pepper and a pinch of sugar.
- Add breadcrumbs, garlic, lemon zest, parsley leaves and olive oil.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until the crumbs are brown. To serve, sprinkle fresh parsley leaves or basil leaves over the tomatoes. Serve with garlic bread or foccacia.
TIP: You can also serve this recipe as a side dish with meat or fish dishes.
- CALORIES 107
- FAT 4 g
- SATURATED FATS 1.5 g
- CARBOHYDRATE 4.2 g
You might also be interested in these recipes: