How do you clean wooden spoons? The question is often the subject of curiosity. In our previous articles we talked about the cutting board. You can reach these articles; “When choosing a cutting board, do you go for the hygienic one – plastic, wood or marble?“, “How clean is your cutting board? You should pay attention to this“
So, getting back to our topic, how do you clean a wooden spoon? The wooden spoons that we often use during the day are not cleaned enough after a while and smells and tastes start to mix.
So how should a wooden spoon be cleaned that is spotless, odorless and prevents the formation of bacteria?
HOW TO CLEAN WOODEN SPOONS? VINEGAR AND CARBONATE
You can use vinegar and baking soda to clean your wooden spoons. You can use this natural cleansing method every month. Here’s what you need to do:
- Put your wooden spoons in a saucepan.
- Add a packet of baking soda and 2 tablespoons of vinegar to the pot.
- Add boiling water to the mixture so all the ingredients stay in the water.
- Boil the pots for 15 minutes.
- Rinse the cleaned wooden spoons in cold water and let them dry.
CLEANING WOODEN SPOON WITH SOAP
You can also easily clean your wooden spoons with soap.
- Put your wooden spoons in a bowl.
- Put the grated soap on it.
- Top up with hot water to completely cover the spoons.
- Rinse out your spoons that you have held in the mixture for 30 minutes with water.
HOW TO CLEAN WOODEN SPOONS WITH OLIVE OIL?
If you want to clean your wooden spoons with olive oil, here’s what you need to do:
- Set your oven to 180 degrees.
- While the oven is heating up, wipe down your wooden spoons with olive oil.
- Leave the wiped spoons in the heated oven for 3 minutes.
- Then rinse with lukewarm water and let dry.
Create name tags for plants using wooden spoons