We are here with napkin folding techniques. Make a difference in your presentation with elegant napkin folding methods. You can present the napkins folded, use them as a cover for your church services, tie a knot in the middle and leave them in a ribbon shape, or decorate them with cards and lay them flat on the plate.
Instead of filling a small table with over-the-top decorations, you can arrange it in a much more understated, elegant and stylish way with a simple napkin and a few basic folding techniques.
Napkin Folding Techniques: FOUR ELEGANT AND PRACTICAL Napkin Folding Techniques
TRIANGLE: Fold the napkin in half diagonally. Connect the corners at a single point. Turn the napkin over and fold it in half again. Turn the resulting triangle over and place it on the plate with both ends.
STRAIGHT FAN: Fold the napkin in half lengthwise. Make an accordion, starting at the bottom of the napkin and working halfway down. Then fold the napkin in half, leaving the folded part on the outside. Fold the non-pleated edges diagonally from the top corners to the pleated area. Place the napkin so that it fits on the plate, forming a fan shape.
COMPARTMENTS IN THE GLASS: Fold the napkin in half lengthwise, then fold it into an accordion shape. Fold the bottom of the napkin in half in half. Place the bottom part in the glass/jar and spread the top layers in a fan shape.
FLUTE: Fold the napkin in half into a triangular shape, then fold the bottom corners up and fold again. Turn the napkin over and fold the bottom two-thirds up. Connect the bottom corners of the napkin together on the back.
THE INSIGHTS ON SETTING UP A GUEST TABLE
When setting up the perfect guest table – from the menu to be served to the theme, colors and textures – pay attention to the menu and decoration.
- Appetizer, main course and dessert… Generally, three types of food are selected for invitations.
- You can also add snacks, salad or cheese at the beginning and chocolate and coffee at the end of the meal.
- The French serve cheese before dessert, the British serve it after dessert, and the Americans serve it always. You decide this based on the type of main course.
- The salad is served between two starters. If you wish, you can also serve a large and filling salad with bread as the main course.
- If the appetizer menu includes pastries or eggs, do not choose pastry and egg options for the main course and dessert.
- If the appetizer menu consists primarily of seafood, do not choose fish as the main course.
- Food should appeal to both the eye and the palate. So don’t serve three pale dishes in a row. Let only one of your main meals be a bright vegetable dish. If you have a dish with potatoes, do not serve cauliflower with it.
- You can also combine different flavors between the dishes you serve.
- Instead of another puree, you can serve mashed potatoes as well as fried chips and crunchy snacks.
- To save time, make preparations in advance, chill drinks and prepare ice. Make sure dishes are clean and tablecloths are clean and ironed.
- Try to prepare and decorate the table as early as possible. Once you have a seating plan, don’t leave it until the last minute. You can purchase table flowers the day before the event and prepare the arrangements the night before.
Techniques for folding napkins are as follows. You might also be interested in our following articles.
How should the table layout be? 4 different table decorations with pictures